This fingering weight project is perfect to keep new babies warm in cooler seasons but light enough for a summer baby who needs a little protection from the air conditioning. It features an easy stripe pattern and a sweet stocking shaped crown, topped off with a cute little loop. Make it festive with holiday colors! This is a great project for beginning knitters and a quick way to use up some scrap yarn from sock projects. Shown in Preemie on Eliot, who was born at 34 weeks, with the Baby Tee (pattern sold separately).
- Finished Circumference: 12 (13.75, 15.5, 17.25, 18.75)”
- Size: Preemie (Newborn, Infant, Toddler, Child)
- Gauge: 28 sts and 40 rows per 4" in stockinette on larger needles
- Yarn: 55 (70, 95, 120, 150) yards A & 45 (55, 65, 75, 90) yards B fingering weight yarn
- Tools: Size 1 (2.25 mm) 16" circular needles, Size 2 (2.75 mm) 16" circular needles* and set of 5 DPNs, stitch markers