Don’t boys look so handsome when studious? The three boys modeling this sweater range from ages 5-7 and vary in size. The stretchy rib on this design makes it particularly grow-able and the cuffs can be folded up to fit shorter arms. It is just as charming worn oversized as it is fitted. This sweater features a couple grow-with-me tips and originally appeared in Kate's book, Knits for Boys! Finish the look with classic elbow patches (printable template available). Shown in Size 8.
- Sweater is worked bottom-up with seamless raglan-style sleeves.
- Collar is picked up and knit and then shaped with short rows.
- Pockets are knit separately and stitched on.
- Finished Chest: 25 (27.25, 29.25, 31.5, 33.75)”
- Size: 4 (6, 8, 10, 12) years
- Gauge: 22 sts and 25 rows per 4” in Rib
- Yarn: 550 (625, 750, 875, 1000) yards worsted weight yarn, shown in Spud & Chloe Sweater in “Chocolate Milk”
- Tools: Size 7 (4.5 mm) 24” circular needles and set of 5 DPNs, stitch markers, awl or leather hole punch
- Notions: 4 (5, 5, 6, 6) 1” buttons, scraps of leather for patches, 90” of leather thread for sewing