This quick & sassy headband is knit in a few pieces that are sewn together during finishing. The band is worked sideways, which means that you can easily knit it exactly to fit, if desired. Experiment with jazzy novelty yarns and funky buttons to make it just right for your princess. Try different weight yarns (with corresponding needle sizes for a firm fabric) to adjust the width of the band; as long as you stick to the suggested lengths your gauge will not throw off the fit. Shown in Size Toddler (pink) and Child (orange).
- Finished Circumference: 10.5 (12, 13.5, 15, 16.5)"
- Finished Width: 2.5 (2.5, 3, 3, 3)"
- Size: Preemie (Newborn, Infant, Toddler, Child)
- Gauge: 14 sts and 20 rows per 4" in stockinette
- Yarn: 20 (20, 25, 30, 35) yards A and 25 (25, 30, 30, 30) yards each B & C bulky to superbulky weight yarn
- Tools: Size 11 (8 mm) set of 5 DPNs, stitch marker
- Notions: 1 large button, thread matching yarn A