Rectangular hats are easy to knit and ultra adorable. There is no shaping involved, and this one can be knit exactly to the proper length for its recipient without any pattern modification. This cap is worked bottom up with a simple cable repeat—it’s a great first cabling project. The stitch pattern also makes it super stretchy, so consider knitting a size up for an even longer wear-time on your growing child. Shown in Size Toddler on sweet little Addie May, who just had her first birthday. Squiggles is being modeled with the Sarabeth Cardigan. This design is also included in the Topped for Another Year collection.
- Finished Circumference: 10 (11.25, 12.5, 13.75)[15, 16.25, 17.5]"
- Fits Up To: 12.5 (14, 15.75, 17.25)[18.75, 20.25, 22]"
- Size: Preemie (Newborn, 3 months, 6 months)[Toddler, Child Small, Child Large]
- Gauge: 27 sts and 34 rows per 4" in Cable Pattern on larger needles
- Yarn: 100 (125, 150, 175)[200, 250, 290] yards DK weight yarn
- Tools: Size 5 (3.75 mm) and Size 6 (4 mm) 16” circular needles, spare DPN, cable needle, stitch marker, tapestry needle