This hat is designed to be worn for years, even in the smallest size! The extended ribbing can be folded up more or less, or even be doubled to increase its wearability. It also provides for extra warmth over the ears. Plaid colorwork is stranded in the round and continues through crown decreases. Add a third color into this design by working the rib and pom pom in separate colors, or even work one vertical and one horizontal stripe of the pattern in it. Shown in Child Size on both a toddler and a 9-year old. Shown in Baby on a 5-month old. Simple colorwork is both charted and written.
- Finished Circumference: 13 (15, 17, 19)"
- Size: Baby (Child, Adult Small, Adult Large)
- Gauge: 24 sts and 27 rows per 4" in Plaid Pattern on larger needles
- Yarn: 110 (155, 210, 275) yards MC and 35 (50, 65, 85) yards CC DK or sport weight yarn
- Tools: Size 6 (4 mm) and Size 7 (4.5 mm) 16" circular needles and set of 5 DPNs, stitch marker, tapestry needle
- Notions: Size 5 (3.75 mm) 16” circular needles, Size 6 (4.0 mm) 16” circular needles and set of 5 DPNs, stitch marker